Summer Weekly Walkups
- Weekdays, June 22 – August 2, 10 AM – noon
Children’s Garden Porch
- Suggested $2 donation
- All Ages
Stop by the Children’s Garden for fun activities that explore and celebrate the world of plants. Each week day offers new themes. During the summer months this is a great time to bring a picnic and blankets. Children can participate and play in the Thunder Fountain before taking a ride on Mo’s Carousel.
- Make-It Monday: Children’ will “make and take” something home using a variety of natural and human-made craft materials.
- Tasty Tuesday: Let’s enjoy healthy snacks by making creative little critters with vegetables, fruits, and more from and inspired by our garden!
- Reading Wednesdays: It’s that time of year again when Reading Wednesdays moves back outside! Enjoy nature-inspired books that connect children with what is growing and changing in the Garden each week.
- Pot-it-up Thursday: Each week learn about a new beautiful or tasty plant and pot up its seed to take home and grow on your own.
- Find-It Friday: This is a self-guided scavenger hunt, leading you on a discovery of nature in the Children’s Garden with all of its shapes, textures, and beautiful colors. Use fun tools like the magnifying lens and binoculars as you wind your way through the Garden.